First grade math is a set of more than 400 interactive exercises for 6-8 year old kids to learn and practice faster addition and subtraction, place values, fractions, comparing numbers and skip sequences. The games are -
* Pop Bubbles Practice fast addition and subtraction for numbers 0-20 by popping bubbles. Bubble speed can be reduced or increased using the settings.
* Fractions Learn fractions while feeding the monkey pieces of a pie. Hints explain how much to feed.
* Compare Compare and arrange numbers upto 100. Develop number sense and appreciation for less-than, greater-than symbols.
* Sequences Recognize skip 2, skip 5 and skip 10 sequences.
* Place Values Base-10 place values for numbers upto 999. Place values are the basis of number operations learnt later.
* Add or Subtract large numbers Use place values to add or subtract numbers upto 99.
Our StoryWhen we looked for apps to help teach our kids, we couldn't find any that were good. One was just information text for the kids to learn by rote. Another was multiple-choice tests - just press buttons. A third had 2 sound-tracks and 4 animations running all at the same time. How was a kid supposed to focus?
So, we designed and built them games - that teach in the way parents and teachers explain concepts, and engage in the way playing does.